September 13, 2019
Quote for the Month:
- Nutrition Services will stop handing out food when the "Warning Bell" rings 2 minutes prior to the tardy bell. You will need to get your breakfast or snack before this warning bell rings or you will be turned away. Some students are waiting until the warning bell rings before getting into food lines which is resulting in students being late to class. Please be on time to your classes.
- Attention Tigers: If you have failed an academic class before, you have the opportunity to make up that class through Restart. Restart will begin on Wednesday Oct 2nd and will run through Thursday December 5th. Restart runs from 3pm to 4pm Monday - Thursday. We also will have a zero period option to Restart so if that is something that interests you, please note that when you sign up. If you are interested in making up credits for a failed class, please stop by the counseling center and sign up. You will then be invited to a meeting during intervention to get more details. If you have any questions, please see Miss Meraz in counseling or Mr. Simpson in room 119.
- Students, if your are interested in expressing your culture, form part of the new Aztec and Folklorico dance club! Talk to Mr. Alvarado (room 109) or Mrs. Solorio (room 108) for more information. First practice and meeting next Monday in Mr. Alvarado's room from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Come ready to learn the regions of Jalisco and Aztec Dancing
- San Jacinto High School prides itself in celebrating cultural diversity and the respect for all cultures. San Jacinto High School's Cultural Awareness Student Association will be kicking off its Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration this Friday September 13th. We will have a cultural display honoring the Hispanic and Latino cultures as well as our Student Ballet Forklorico Performances during both lunches. The C.A.S.A. Club invites you to stop by the 100's during both lunches to experience a taste of Latin American cultures. C.A.S.A. Club meets on Tuesdays during lunch in room 108. For more information see Mrs. Solorio or Mr. Alvarado.
- Students, Hyatt is looking for student volunteers for two events coming up, Game Night on September 27th from 5:30-7 and their Harvest Festival October 11th, from 3-7 pm. If you are interested in volunteering, sign up with Carmina in the front office
- Anyone interested in joining the swim team or learning more about it, please stop by room 918 to see Coach Simchuk. Or sign up with Ms. Galliano in the A.D. office.
- Girls Basketball Tryouts will be on Sept. 24th and 26th in the Main Gym. All players must have a completed athletic packet before trying out. Please see Coach White for more information.
- Students interested in running for homecoming court, applications are due TODAY Thursday by 3pm in the ASB room
- ATTENTION Students : Do you need community service hours? Megan Cope needs 20 volunteers to help on October 4th for their Harvest Fest from 3-6 pm. Please sign up in the front office.
- "Students-are you in need of community service hours? San Jacinto Elementary is having their annual fall festival on Friday, October 4 from 2:30-5:30 and are looking for students to volunteer with game booths. Please sign up with Ms. Jessica in the counseling office to reserve your spot" Only 20 spots available
- Attention all runners! Cross country season has started. If you like to run and want to be in the best shape of your life, stop by room 207 or after school to sign up. We also meet at the football field after school.
- Anyone interested in traveling and seeing new places? We have a trip to Spain planned this June. 4 days in Madrid and 4 days in Barcelona. Payments as low as $200/month. Stop by Mrs. Thomas's room in 227 for information
- ASB cards will be sold during lunches. PE clothes will be bought through PE classes.
Varsity Football vs Eastlake HS @ SJHS 7pm
Freshman Football vs Eastlake HS @ SJHS 3:00
Varsity Tennis vs Yucaipa HS @ SJHS 3:00
Jv Tennis vs Yucaipa HS @ Yucaipa HS 3:00 release 12:45 depart 1:00
Girls Varsity Volleyball vs Nuview Bridge HS @ SJHS 4:45
JV Volleyball vs Nuview Bridge HS @ SJHS 3:15
Girls Freshman Volleyball Hemet Frosh Tournament @ Hemet HS TBA
Boys/Girls Varsity/JV Cross Country Hemet HS XC DVL Run depart 8:00am