As a member of San Jacinto High School’s Link Crew, I agree to the following:
1. Dedication and Responsibility
- I will attend ALL Link Crew meetings/events and notify a commissioner if I cannot attend.
- I understand that I must COMPLETE both days of training AND both days of orientation to be in Link Crew.
- I will do my part in all Link Crew related activities.
- I will actively find answers to any Link Crew related questions.
- I will make personal contact with my freshmen throughout the year, beyond text messaging and social media.
- I will bring my Link Crew notebook to all Link Crew meetings/trainings.
2. Leader All the Time
- I will deal with people and situations in a way that reflects positively on San Jacinto High School.
- I will set a good example with my behavior—in and out of school. – A LEADER ALL THE TIME.
- I will actively curtail bullying, especially against freshmen.
- I will use ALL forms of social media to interact respectfully with others and in a manner that reflects positively on San Jacinto High School.
- I will do my best work in all of my classes and set a good academic example.
3. Participation and Enthusiasm
- I will display a positive and spirited attitude toward our school.
- I will help freshmen see what a great place San Jacinto High School is.
- I will write in my Link Crew Journal and submit it on each due date.
- I will regularly attend school activities and events and maintain the required participation rate.
San Jacinto High School’s Link Crew Academic Honesty Policy
Link Crew Leaders are expected to read, understand, and abide by San Jacinto High School’s Academic Honesty policy. Committing acts of academic dishonesty, aiding others in acts of academic dishonesty, or failure to notify staff of any observations of acts of academic dishonesty will result in an immediate review and may lead to a leader’s removal from the Link Crew program and/or class.
San Jacinto High School’s Link Crew Drug, Alcohol, and Tobacco Policy
Each selected member of San Jacinto High School’s Link Crew understands that the following policy exists. Any inappropriate behavior—including but not exclusively limited to possession of drugs, drug paraphernalia, alcohol, or tobacco; or use of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco—that comes to the Link Crew Coordinators’ attention will result in an immediate review of said behavior and could lead to a leader’s removal from the Link Crew Program/Class.
SJHS Link Crew has a two-strike system. At the first offense, the student may be suspended from Link Crew for up to 20 weeks. At the end of this suspension, the student may re-apply to Link Crew. Students may be removed from Link Crew permanently for any subsequent offenses. These strikes accrue for the student’s entire time in Link Crew. This policy adheres to San Jacinto High School’s Discipline Rules and Consequences as well as Link Crew’s philosophy that Link Crew Leaders be a presence on campus as models of positive behavior.
As a San Jacinto High School Link Crew Leader, I have read and understood the School Policies, and the consequences if I choose to violate them. I am aware that failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in my dismissal as a Link Crew Leader.
- Code of Conduct
- Participation Points
- Progress Reports
- Returning Leader Application
- Senior Medallion Application
- Our Videos